Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pioneer Day

Yesterday was Pioneer Day here in Utah.  Parades. Fun runs. Fireworks. No work.  Just a day to relax with our families and reflect on the pioneer heritage we are so proud of.  Um...my day went a little differently.  My husband had to work (darn it!).  Here is how my day went:

-wake up and get Hudson's oatmeal
-went out to breakfast (I did con my hubby into this before he went to work)
-back home to exercise (2 miles with a belly full of french toast is no bueno)
-bath time for me and Hudson
-build some stuff with legos
-lunchtime
-naptime (for Hudson)
-bathroom cleaning and tidying up (for me)
-a quick trip to Walgreens
-hubby finally home and off to wander around the mall
-dinner at The Borderline
-home to relax and enjoy the fireworks in North Logan and Willow Park (we could see both from our house)

So, even though our day wasn't full of celebrations and festivities, it was still a good day for us.  I am so thankful to my pioneer ancestors that made the trek across the plains so that I can practice my religion freely.  I'm glad there is a day set aside to honor them.

Cruisin at the Mall


Happy Pioneer Day!

Sidenote:  My baby is 17 months old today.  Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment